Skip to main content

Financial Aid

1.  Create a Federal Student Account for student and parent at Federal Student Aid.  Write down all username and passwords for creating your accounts. You will need these each year when you reapply.

2. File a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) at FAFSA. If you are not eligible to file a FAFSA, file a Dream Act Application California Dream Act.

The FAFSA and Dream Act Application are available beginning October 1, 2016.

If you are not sure which one to file, see Mrs. Porter in the CCC Room 5-10.

This should be completed before 03/02/16.  Some colleges have an earlier deadline so be sure to check with the colleges you are applying to.

 You will use 2015 federal income tax information.

If you need help filling out the FAFSA or Dream Act Application, Moorpark College will be hosting Cash for College on Saturday, Feb. 11 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.  There will be hands on help in English and Spanish to help complete the financial aid forms.

3. Make sure you list a California college/university in the first three colleges that you have applied to.  This will ensure that you are processed for Cal Grant. 

4  Create a web grants account at Web Grants 4 Students.  This is for Cal Grant aid.  Your GPA will automatically be sent to the California Student Aid Commission.  

5. Check with the schools you are applying to regarding additional financial aid forms, applications and deadlines.

6. Check with schools you are applying to regarding scholarships for incoming freshmen.  There may be a separate application.

7.  Check your email/portal at the schools you applied to.  This is where the school will communicate with you about financial aid.


The links below will assist you with financial aid information:

Cal Grants


California Student Aid Commission



Ed Fund

Cash for College Workshops

California Cash for College



Federal Financial Aid

Federal Student Aid


Fin Aid